Thursday 5 March 2009

Not So New

For the record, the title of this blog doesn't so much describe me as the way I sometimes wish I were, but more about that later.
This is actually my second blog. The first died of natural causes last year and I won't bore you by telling you it's name because most likely, you would never have visited it, or read any of my humble bletherings, so out with the old and in with the new.

Rather than put the usual personal description at the side of this page, I'm going to do it in this post, thereby getting all the not so exciting me-trivia out of the way.

I'm Scottish, older than 21 but younger than 90 and a big fan of red wine and foot massages. My husband and son have the knack of both delighting me and pissing me off at the same time, and according to my midwife, I'm 8 days away from giving birth to a Giganta-baby. I smoke, I swear and have been known to go skinny-dipping in freezing Scottish lochs. I can't stand rudeness or lack of manners, but I love bad dancing and cheesy music at weddings. My reasons for starting this blog are simple and few; to regularly clear space in my head, by putting my bletherings down on this page and to keep myself amused. I won't promise writings of great intelligence, or even humour and I certainly won't be trying to make any political statements.

Generally, if you happen to stumble across this blog and it gives you mindless fluff to take up 5 minutes of your day, so be it.

Now, in regards to the title of my wee space on the internet 'Blissfully Ignorant', as I said before, it doesn't so much describe me as much as it describes the way that I wish that I could sometimes be. Life in itself is a bitch of a thing and I think that some days would be easier if I could wander through it without paying much attention, which leads me nicely onto the last thing I'll say about myself: I am a 'card-carrying member of the League of Lazy Bitches'.

So, you came, you saw, you read, hope you liked and have a nice night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi honey I've missed you.. I've been a very bad blogger and waist a lot of my time on Facebook..have you been before..I wish you would join it's way too much fun. You can give yourself a fake name if you want to..or you can use it to catch up with folks. Rimmy has been going in and out of blogs and is recently unemployed..he plays on Facebook too.
    How is the new home? .... I'll email you so you can fill me in.
    8 DAYS!! Holy Shit! Do you know what you are having??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe, thanks for the wee visit. I have emailed you with ALL the gossip...lol....you might need to grab a glass of wine first.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete