Wednesday 1 April 2009

I'm sitting on my couch right now. Husband is working, baby-girl is sleeping in her bouncy chair and number one son is away on a class trip.

Life isn't perfect, but it's pretty bloody good.

From my lofty and rose-tinted position, it appears to me that anyone with kiddies must feel this way....must take great satisfaction in the knowledge that they are as happy and safe as can be guaranteed........however this is the real world, and horribly, this is not the case.

When I first read about this poor wee boy, I was horrified, disgusted and completely and utterly unable to understand how and why this was allowed to happen. After baby-girl was born, I couldn't even bring myself to think about the supposed 'rationale' behind the mothers behaviour, why she left her baby alone with an animal and how she managed to walk free from the courts.
It makes me sick and angry that there are people out there who can and do get away with this abuse every single day apparently with the only consequence being that they will 'possibly' receive a paltry jail sentence....or be able to use the 'get out of jail' card by pleading 'no knowledge' of what was going on!

Damn, I didn't mean to get all depressing...but I had to say something, even if it is just useless words stating the obvious.

Y'know, this is why I sometimes wish that I was what the title of this blog suggests: Blissfully Ignorant'.

2 comments:

  1. That just pissed me off. 10 years..and nothing for her? I think that is a new reason to bring back public hangings in the town square. Horrible.. give your 2 babies extra kisses from Aunt MP across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Public hangings sound like a damn good idea for scum like that.
    As for the extra kisses from Auntie MP, done and I've added extra cuddles too! Squishes to your handsome wee boy and puppy too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete